We’re hoping that you all had a beautiful Christmas and that you’re looking forward to a happy, healthy, and productive 2016. As we look back on 2015, we’re so grateful for all the blessings we’ve received. We’re especially grateful for all of you – our clients, friends and family who have made 2015 a wonderful year for us. We appreciate you so much. Thanks! Sharon and Brian
STATISTICS NOVEMBER MLS RESIDENTIAL
Homes for Sale:
Again, most areas have less inventory than in November 2014. Big Sky has 13% more inventory than last year (sluggish sales contributed). But every other area is down – from -3% in Bozeman to down 25% in Area 2 (outside of Bozeman) and in Area 6 (Livingston) down 25%.
Single Family Sales Units:
Most areas show increases in sales units during the last 12 months: Bozeman up 8%, Area 2 up 28%, Belgrade down 8%, Manhattan up 15%, Big Sky down 29%, Livingston up 30%, Madison County up 10%.
Sales prices are up slightly in most areas in the last 12 months: Bozeman median price is up 15% to $340,000, and Area 2 (surrounding area) median price is up 4% to $409,000. Belgrade’s median price is up 5% to $234,000 and Big Sky is down 4% to $619,000 median price.
For the 2014 year, the median price of single family homes in Gallatin County was $297,000. So far this year, the median price is $330,000, up 9% from 2014. Interestingly, the median price in 2007 was $300,000. And the lowest during the recession was $237,500 in 2011 in Gallatin County.
As always, call us for more information on the real estate market (condos and townhomes, other areas, vacant land, etc.).
We’re happy to provide a Current Market Analysis for your property – of course, at no cost. Just give us a call.
QUOTES OF THE MONTH
“Owning a home is a keystone of wealth – both financial affluence and emotional security.” Susie Orman
“Real estate is the best investment in the world – mainly because it is the only thing they’re not making anymore.” Will Rogers
Robyn Erlenbush, broker and owner of ERA Landmark Real Estate announced that Brian Tudor received accreditation as a homebuyer representative from the Real Estate Buyer’s Agency Council.
To earn the Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR) designation, Tudor completed an extensive training program on buyer agency practices and procedures, passed a written examination and demonstrated practical experience as a buyer representative.
Tudor received his real estate license in 2001. In addition to ABR, he also holds the Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI), Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES) and GREEN designations as well as the ERA Distinctive Properties certification for luxury real estate specialists.
WHY DO NINE OUT OF TEN SELLERS (92%) CHOOSE A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL TO SELL THEIR HOME?
- Sellers will get top dollar for a home through broad-based exposure available to REALTORS. 92% of buyers search for a home on-line. A strong internet strategy is crucial.
- Realtors know how to handle the complex paperwork. The paperwork involved in selling and buying a home today has increased dramatically as industry disclosures and regulations have become mandatory. We attend many hours of education to keep us current on these new regulations.
- Realtors have experience asking buyers essential qualifying questions about their personal finances. They can save sellers precious time by qualifying buyers before taking them through the home.
- Realtors save sellers the uneasy experience of admitting strangers to their home for showings. A licensed agent will always accompany prospective buyers.
- You net more money by selling with an agent. Many homeowners believe that they will save the real estate commission by selling on their own. Realize that the main reason buyers look at FSBOs is because they also believe they can save the real estate commission. The seller and buyer can’t both save the commission.
- Bottom Line: Before you decide to take on the challenges of selling your house on your own, give us a call and see what we have to offer.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING:
Sharon and Brian make a great team. They were very liberal with their time and showed us a variety of properties, some at a great distance. They kept looking over the course of three years and, when we decided on a property, they worked diligently to put the deal together. They were always present and cooperative and patient. We couldn’t have asked for better service.
John & Carol S.
Constant availability and updates by Brian Tudor. Both Sharon and Brian showed sincere interest and provided necessary information in all phases of selling our home and purchasing a condominium. A grade of A+ cannot be improved upon – they rate an A+”
Judy and John Weigand
The Montana Yogo Sapphire is the only gem from North America that’s included in the Crown Jewels of England.
There are more cattle in Montana than there are people.
Fort Keogh holds the record for the largest snowflake ever observed, which was an astounding 15 inches in diameter.
On Highway 59, south of Miles City, Harry Landers has topped almost 1 mile of his fence posts with over 300 boots.
5 Real Estate Trends That Will Dominate 2016
Please click here: Source: “The 5 Real Estate Trends That Will Shape 2016,” realtor.com® (Dec. 16, 2015)
CALL Sharon or Brian. We have SOLUTIONS that will work for YOU. We can help you through every step of the intricate selling and/or buying process(es). Hundreds of successful transactions through the years give us the experience and knowledge to make your move as seamless and easy as possible.
If you’re thinking of buying or selling, just give us a call. Or, if you’d like to see a current market value for your home, we’d be happy to provide our professional opinion based on current statistics – at no cost to you!
We’d also be so happy to receive referrals of your family and friends who may be thinking about real estate. We’ll give any referrals we receive from you the best personal, professional service possible. We also can refer you to a qualified agent in another area.
“Always there for YOU!”
Sharon Tudor Isler, Broker, CRS, GRI, SRES 406-556-5048